As I spend more time exploring Korean culture, I experiment and become more confident. I've been using this recipe for 3 years but one adjustment, the addition of cornstarch improved the crispy texture.
1/2 c AP flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t granulated sugar
1 1/2 t cornstarch
1/3 c water
3 T kimchi juice
1/4 c kimchi
1. Heat a 12 in sauté pan over medium high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. Make a well in the center.
3. Add the wet ingredients and stir well to combine.
4. Pour in 1 T oil and batter. Cook 3-5 minutes until golden and then flip. Continue cooking until golden on second side.
5. Remove to cutting board and cut before serving.