I recently roasted cauliflower several times and have really enjoyed the result. Today, I was looking for something that felt more like comfort food. Maybe it's the idea that it's fall or that I'm about to celebrate my first Canadian Thanksgiving. Either way, the result is gorgeous and tastes just as pretty.
Cauliflower and Cheese Bake
1 small onion
1 c. AP flour
1 t. baking powder
2 t. salt
1/2 t. black pepper
1 c. milk
1/3 c. melted butter
8 oz. sharp cheddar
1 medium cauliflower
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9x9 pan and set aside.
2. Peel and chop onion finely. In a large bowl, combine onion, flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, milk, eggs, and melted butter. Stir well to combine.
3. Shred cheese and add to bowl. Clean and chop cauliflower into small pieces. (I chopped into about 1/2" pieces.)
4. Add cauliflower to the bowl and stir until completely coated and cheese is evenly distributed.
5. Pour into pan and bake 60-75 minutes.