At my kids' favorite pizza place, they sell "dessert breadsticks" which are breadsticks topped with a buttery cinnamon sugar icing. My son begs for these every time we order pizza but we rarely oblige. Using the canned crescents that were on sale this week, I've made an acceptable substitute. Maybe there will be less begging in the future, at least for breadsticks.
Cinnamon Sugar Crescents
1 8 oz. pkg. refrigerator crescent rolls
1/3 c. granulated sugar
1 1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 t. vanilla
2 - 3 t. cream, half & half, or milk
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. Open and unroll crescent rolls, separating them but leaving no space between. Sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar mixture, reserving about 2 T. for the tops.
3. Roll each from the shortest side to the point. Curve slightly and place on baking sheet.
4. Bake 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool slightly.
5. In a small bowl, mix powdered sugar, vanilla, and 2 t. cream. Add additional cream as needed for a drizzle consistency. Drizzle over crescents immediately before serving.