Follow by Email

Followers

Amazon Contextual Product Ads

Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Apple Crisp






Fall is fully upon us; brightly colored leaves, crisp morning air, and apples & pumpkins abound.  To take advantage of the fall produce, I love to make a good apple crisp (with vanilla ice cream, of course).  I learned in childhood that I don't like crisps with oatmeal after eating the ones served at school. Here is my family's favorite version, sans oatmeal.

Apple Crisp

3-5 lbs. baking style apples (I prefer Macintosh.)
1 t. cinnamon
3/4 c. granulated sugar
1/4 t. nutmeg
1/2 c. butter, melted
1 c. packed brown sugar
1 1/2 c. AP flour

1.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2.  Peel, core, and slice apples and place in a large bowl.  Sprinkle with granulated sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.  Stir gently to combine.  Pour into 9x13 cake pan.

3.  In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, brown sugar, and flour.  Mix well with a fork or pastry cutter.  Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.

4.  Bake 45 - 60 minutes and cool before serving.  Store in the refrigerator.

* I like to warm single servings in the microwave before adding a scoop of ice cream.

No comments: