I first found the recipe for this when I hosted a baby shower for a friend. She couldn't eat anything spicy so I looked for ways to make the recipe more favorable. Increasing the amount of vegetables makes this a healthier option.
Breakfast Casserole with Vegetables
10 whole eggs or 2 1/2 c. egg substitute
10 oz. ham, cubed
1 leek, rinsed and chopped
1 c. broccoli, chopped
1/2 c. zucchini, chopped
1/2 c. yellow squash, chopped
1/2 c. mushrooms, sliced
1/2 c. bell pepper, chopped
1 c. sour cream
2 c. American cheese, cubed
salt & pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Chop and saute the leek. When translucent, spread evenly in a 9 x 13 inch pan. Repeat with mushrooms.
3. Chop and layer the rest of the vegetables, ham, and cheese.
4. Combine eggs and sour cream in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine and season with salt and pepper.
5. Pour egg mixture over vegetables and bake for 30 - 35 minutes.
* Mild or hot sausage, browned, can replace ham.
* Velveeta can be used for a more creamy finished product.
* Any mixture of vegetables is fine. Substitute as you like.