Follow by Email

Followers

Amazon Contextual Product Ads

Powered by Blogger.

Friday, February 10, 2012

Pulled Chicken


I must confess.  I used to buy seasoning packets for pulled pork or chicken.  Last night, I used a slow cooker recipe that I've changed up to make my own.  I will never buy those packets again.  I always serve pulled chicken or pork with coleslaw; use it as a side dish or a topping. Its creamy tang is the perfect complement to these sandwiches. Serves 4.

Pulled Chicken
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs
1/4 c. ketchup
1 T. mustard
1 T. cider vinegar
2 t. Louisiana-style hot sauce or 1/2 t. Tabasco
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. ground black pepper
1/2 t. crushed red pepper flakes
1 t. liquid smoke 
6 T. packed brown sugar
1 T. molasses

1.  Spray slow cooker with cooking spray.  Place chicken thighs in slow cooker.

2.  In a small bowl, combine ketchup, mustard, vinegar, hot sauce, salt, pepper, red pepper, & liquid smoke and mix well.  Pour over chicken and turn to coat.

3.  Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.

4.  Remove meat to a shallow bowl and shred with two forks.

5.  Pour cooking liquid into a small saucepan, add molasses and brown sugar and heat over medium heat to reduce.

6.  Pour reduced sauce over shredded chicken and assemble sandwiches.

*This recipe works well with pork or turkey thighs.

No comments: