Baked French Toast
½ loaf day old French bread, cubed
2 T. butter
1/3 c. brown sugar
1 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
1/8 t. baking powder
1 t. cinnamon
¼ c. walnuts or raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Melt butter and pour into 9x9 pan. Tip pan to coat bottom. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Set pan aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla, baking powder, and cinnamon.
4. Add bread cubes (& walnuts or raisins) and mix with a spatula to coat bread cubes.
5. Let mixture set for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake 20-25 minutes.
7. Turn out onto a serving platter and serve with maple syrup.