Sometimes it's good to try something new. I recently downloaded the Allrecipes app onto my smartphone. It lets you choose the course, ingredient, and time frame for your recipe. I was feeling in a rut and decided to see what recipes I would find. Here is my adaptation of the recipe I chose.
Maple Bourbon Chicken
1 lb. chicken breast, cut into tenders
1 T. steak seasoning, such as McCormick's
1 T. olive oil
1/3 c. maple syrup
1/4 c. bourbon
1/2 T. butter
1 T. chopped green onion
1. Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Meanwhile, sprinkle chicken with the steak seasoning.
2. Add chicken to pan and cook 5 minutes on the first side and three minutes on the second side. Remove chicken from the pan.
3. In the same pan, add syrup and bourbon. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Scrape any brown bits with a wooden spoon. When thickened slightly, add butter.
4. Add chicken back to the pan and turn to coat with the glaze for 1 minute.
* The original recipe was served with mashed sweet potatoes but the loaded mashed potatoes we had were also an excellent side.