My favorite item on the TGI Friday's menu is the green bean fries. I love the crispy breading and the tangy heat of the wasabi ranch. I recently saw a similar green bean on Food Network and decided to try them. After making an omission in the recipe, I corrected it for the rest of the beans. I realized that mistake was my vastly preferred choice. They are crispy, light, and quite addictive!
1 c. water
1 c. AP flour
1 1/2 t. baking powder
1 1/2 t. granulated onion
1 1/2 t. granulated garlic
1 lb. green beans, trimmed
oil for frying
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium high heat.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, onion, garlic, and water. Whisk to combine until smooth. Set aside.
3. Trim green beans and add 10-12 beans to batter.
4. Drop beans, one at a time, into oil. Fry 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
5. Using tongs, remove to paper towel lined tray. Sprinkle with salt.
6. Serve with wasabi ranch or sriracha.
*If you prefer less crisp beans, blanch 2 minutes, shock in ice water, and pat dry before adding to batter.