My husband's favorite sweets combination is chocolate and peanut butter. Reese's have been his favorite candy since childhood and I often look to combine them in new ways. We've tried chocolate & peanut butter chip cookies, brownies with peanut butter swirl, peanut butter pie, ice cream with melted peanut butter and hot fudge, well you get the idea. These cupcakes will make any chocolate peanut butter lover happy.
Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter Icing
2 c. sugar
5 T. cocoa
3 c. flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
12 T. canola oil
2 T. vinegar
2 t. vanilla
2 c. warm water
1. Preheat oven to 350. Line muffin pan with paper liners or grease pan.
2. In large bowl, combine dry ingredients and whisk to combine. Make a well in the center.
3. Add wet ingredients and mix well. Pour into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes and remove to cooling rack.
5. This can be baked in a 9 x 13 greased, floured pan. Bake for 35 minutes.
Peanut Butter Icing
1 c. confectioners' sugar
1 c. creamy peanut butter
5 T. butter, room temperature
3/4 t. vanilla
1/4 t. salt
1/3 c. heavy cream
1. Place the confectioners' sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla, and salt in the bowl of a mixer. Mix on medium-low speed until smooth and creamy.
2. Scrape down sides and add heavy cream. Beat on high speed until mixture is light and smooth.
3. Makes enough for 24 cupcakes or 9 x 13 cake.