I have no idea where this recipe came from but it was something my grandma often made for holidays. It's not cheesecake, in the traditional sense, but a light and airy orange-pineapple flavored dessert. Go ahead, give it a try and see if it becomes a favorite at your family gatherings.
1 small box orange jello
1 c. boiling water
6 oz. cream cheese
2 t. vanilla
1 c. granulated sugar
15 graham crackers, crushed
1/2 c. butter, melted
12 oz. can evaporated milk, chilled
1 small can crushed pineapple
1. Add jello to boiling water and stir to mix well. Refrigerate until slightly thickened. (It should coat the spoon.)
2. In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese, vanilla, and sugar. Add thickened jello and mix well. Set aside.
3. In 9"x13" cake pan, combine graham crackers and melted butter. Stir well to combine and reserve 1/2 c. Smooth the remaining graham cracker mixture.
4. In a large bowl, beat evaporated milk until soft peaks form. Gently fold in jello-cream cheese mixture. Fold in crushed pineapple until combined. Pour over graham cracker crust.
5. Sprinkle with reserved graham cracker mixture and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.