Follow by Email

Followers

Amazon Contextual Product Ads

Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Broccoli Cheese Bake




There are some dishes that become standard fare at family gatherings. I started making this maybe 10 years ago but it's definitely on its way to such status. For an idea of its flavor, think Broccoli Cheese soup, eaten with a fork.

Broccoli Cheese Bake

2 - 3 bunches broccoli florets
1 medium onion, peeled
16 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
2 cup flour
2 t. salt
1 t. pepper
2 t. baking powder
2 c. milk
4 eggs
2/3 c. butter, melted


Preheat oven to 375. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, salt, pepper, baking powder, milk, eggs, butter and mix well to combine. Wash and finely chop broccoli (You can use a bit of the stem as it so finely chopped.) and add to bowl. Mince or grate onion and add to bowl. Shred cheese, if needed, and add to bowl. Pour mixture into greased 9x13 pan and bake, covered, for 60-75 minutes.

4 comments:

Maria M Triana said...

Hi Be A Pot Stirrer, my name is Maria. This is an amazing recipe. I love all your recipes, so much that I would like to try this one today and featured on my blog, but giving the link back to here and the full credit to your site, as the original source, as I always do with everything I publish. Thank you very much for your time, kind consideration and for the excellent recipes you bring to us.

Felicia Lewis said...

How many cups of broccoli do you think you used? I plan to use frozen. Thanks.

sulynweaver said...

Maria, Thank you so much for your kind words. I used to hoard my recipes but love the joy they bring to others. What is your blog site?

sulynweaver said...

Felicia, I measured out 6 cups of chopped broccoli. I do chop it smaller than frozen broccoli, though.