I only remember turkey burgers as oddly lacking in flavor and a poor, poor excuse for a beef burger. This is originally a turkey meatloaf recipe that I have altered to cook on an indoor grill as a burger. These will NOT work on an outdoor grill but could be fried in a saute pan.
1/2 medium onion
1 regular or 10 baby carrots
2/3 c. chopped mushrooms or red peppers
1/4 c. bread crumbs
1/4 c. milk2 T. chili sauce
1 lb. ground turkey
1 t. sage
1/4 t. poultry seasoning
1/2 t. salt
1/4 t. pepper
4 T. chili sauce
1. Preheat oven to 375. Line baking pan with aluminum foil or spray.
2. Mince onion, mushrooms, and carrot. Keep separate.
3. Sweat each vegetable in 1 t. olive oil until soft, about 3-5 minutes. The carrots usually need some water (up to 1/4 c., 1T. at a time) to soften.
4. In a medium bowl, combine vegetables and the rest of the ingredients in order.
5. Using your hands, shape into 4 mini loaves on pan. Top each with 1 T. chili sauce, spreading to cover top. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
6. Serves 4 but you can make them smaller to get 6 servings.
1. Use all ingredients but the egg. Shape burgers and place on grill or in pan.
2. Cook 10-15 minutes until cooked through. Serve with additional chili sauce.